Friday, January 23, 2009

Freaks, Pink's, and Sprinkles

If these three words makes sense to you, then parle vouz LA!
Last week we went to the City of Angeles with our good friends The Callisters. We took in some sites, ate at Pink's Famous Hot Dogs, Sprinkles for cupcakes, Rodeo, Sunset, Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Kodak, Hollywood Blvd, basically the "scene". It was an adventure and our little ones had a great time - especially when they met the creepy Spider man wanna-be on Hollywood boulevard.

Well, the hot dogs weren't that great, but the diet coke made up for it.

Mmmmm, here they are in all their glory. Sprinkles cupcakes are to die for. Pictured here are:

Vanilla with Vanilla frosting (Jeff)

Strawberry with Strawberry frosting (Christian)

Cinnamon Sugar (Jeff)

Milk Chocolate (Kat)

Red Velvet (Kat)

Chocolate Marshmallow (Kat)
Worth the drive, worth the cash, worth the calories!

All you Ryan Seacrest haters...Go to Hell! I love you Ryan!!!



The evening trip was finished off at Sephora, Vickie puking, and the kids being drowned in antibacterial hand sanitizer. Thanks Callisters for the fun trip. Hopefully you enjoyed your whirlwind tour of the ugliest, dirtiest, most fascinating star studded city in the world.

17 comments:

Todd Family said...

That looked like SO much fun! I'm glad that you guys got to get out and have a fun night on the town! Keven and I agree with you...WE LOVE RYAN SECREST!! He is so hilarious and we listen to him every morning!

Kaydee said...

yyuuuummmmm!!! Those look really yummy right now. I'll take 3 please.

Sheryl said...

Quite an adventure! It is so funny that we live so close and don't go see those places that people travel hundreds of miles to see! Looks like a great time.

Tonya said...

ohhhhhh...that looks like so much fun. I have yet to try a sprinkles cupcake! Good for you guys for heading down there with your families...what a great time...

have you ever been to the fabric district? I have been dying to give it a try one of these days!

xoxo

Tonya

JandKWachFamily said...

I'm craving those cupcakes right now! I know the nearest one may be at Newport Beach. Those look yummy!!! =)

Barbra said...

What a perfect day!! I love going into L.A.!! I also love Sprinkles!! It only takes one to become addicted. Luckily there is a Sprinkles next to Fashion Island. If you need to get a fix, call me and I will meet you there :)

Scoresbys said...

Thanks for the link from Facebook. It was good to find you in the blogging world and catch up a little bit on your life. Your kids are adorable, you look great, the cupcakes are to die for, but, I'm sorry I have to say this, Ryan Seacrest fa schifo!

Anonymous said...

Have yet to try sprinkles, and i have seen them on a few blogs...i think it's about time. And i have to give a shout out to Ryan...love him!

The Ward Family said...

I love Sprinkles too. Jessica bought me the Sprinkles mix and I haven't made them yet. Saving them for a day I'm really craving them. What a fun night? Hope the anti bacterial stuff worked at the end of the night.

Alicia said...

Ahhh... thank you. I really needed a Katrina fix. You rock my world. Looks like fun. I only wish we were there with you.

Vickie said...

Thanks for the great tour- we had a blast!!!! The image of Spiderman still makes me want to hurl!!!

Caroline Haring said...

Vickie puked? Isn't that the kids jobs? Still looked like insane fun!

Vickie said...

How could I have missed the big Hoffy sign????? I knew it was Hoffy when I tasted it- maybe that's why I got sick :)

Shumway's said...

hey there Kat. Looks like you are having fun. I am in TX visiting family and getting hugely preggers. Hope to hear from you sometime. Here is my info to call 915-383-3178 or e mail bellasarah80@hotmail.com . Talk to you soon. Have a great week.

kam said...

Ummm...I am hereby inviting myself on the next Hollywood adventure! So stinkin' fun!! I am a serious sprinkles fan too. For some reason if anything cupcake is involved I feel a compulsion to buy it!!

Laurel said...

It's true that a really good Diet Coke will make up for anything else you just put in your mouth. I absolutely LOVE that three cupcakes were for YOU. And I just laughed OUT LOUD at your Ryan Seacrest commentary. Loving every minute of it!

Alicia said...

SPRINKLES!!!! I'M SOOOO JEALOUS!