Tuesday, May 20, 2008
"Gamers"
I am not quite sure how it all started, but one day Christian insisted on wearing his "Gamers". He then proceeded to search his room for his basketball shorts. Then eventually, for laundering purposes, Mom decided to get him some Lakers "gamers". Even though everyone who knows me knows I love to dress Christian in preppy little Polo outfits, I have conceded to let him wear his "gamers". Some battles are not worth fighting. Besides, that is what Daddy wears and Daddy is this little boys whole world. Besides, "gamers" make you run faster, jump higher, and improve your shot. Whenever we need to coax him into getting ready for the day, or going to bed, or doing anything else a two year old doesn't want to do, we dangle his "gamers" in front of him and the battle is won.
One day in line at Target Christian was whining and crying. The nice lady behind us tried to distract him from his tantrum by talking about his "gamers". She asked him if he was a Lakers fan and if he liked basketball. He ignored her. Mom answered for him, "Yea, he's acting like a Laker (Koby) whining and crying because he's not getting his way or enough attention". Now, It's not that I'm not a Lakers fan. I do cheer them on. Besides, after being a Jazz fan for years, it's nice to cheer for a team that actually wins :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








14 comments:
Hey Katrina! I found your blog from Alicia's. Christian is darling! You know you are one of my favoriteist (huh?) people in the entire world! Keep in touch! And congrats and good luck with #2!!
-Jami
Hey guys....love your blog and I love to see the updated pictures. Keep us updated with this new baby coming. We think of you often....we have a blog as well, www.liechtyfam.blogspot.com. I try to update it when I can. Miss you all. love
Jamie and family
Oh so you'd rather cheer for a team of sniveling babies who cry and whine, than a team that works their cracks off, and plays like a team, and doesn't thrive off sex scandals?
OK- go on...Lakerize your kid.
The only Good Laker is a Salt Laker. I heard that from a wise orange haired girl.
Game On. Playoffs or not.
There's a word I'm searching for here. Oh, yeah! Blasphemy.
Aren't 2 yr olds funny! Jake had an AWFUL pair of blue sweat pants given to him by a "friend" of mine. Jake wore them as often as he could until they were mid-calf. I often tried throwing them away, but would make the mistake of putting them in the bathroom trash can. Next thing I knew they would come thru with the laundry. Grrr... But when the kid loves them so much, and you like having some type of bait that works...
Don't fall into the Laker shame! You can stay strong with me and Kev and dad and mom! i think we are the only ones against the "Kobes". Laker fans are the worse winners ever! Let's get a team that can be humble about winning eh? We need to get together pronto! Let me know when you want us to come over to do your back yard. Kev's going to Utah for the weekend but he'll be back Monday and we can do it. Just let us know! love you!
Cute little Christian!!
Hey, I just found your blog, or I should say Sarah just showed it to me (despite the fact that it's linked from our own blog!) and I have to say you guys are such a beautiful family. One problem though: if Carter comes across Christian and he has that Laker jersey on, things could get ugly. I've indoctrinated Carter to be a strong Jazz fan, which is a long standing Todd tradition. To be honest, my brothers in law always get him to come up to me and say, "Go Lakers" which infuriates me, of course. I'm actually rooting for the Lakers since they beat the Jazz since my philosophy is that the team that beats you better be the best, or you lost to a loser!
OK, I have to ask you this (Katrina): I just had a conversation with Sarah about getting your email address because I swear Sarah told me you wanted me to forward on an email from my Italian friend Delia so you could sort of brush up on your italian. When I said that she was like, "What in the world are you talking about? You dreamt that!" So am I crazy or is did this really happen? My sanity hinges on your answer.
And now I end the longest blog comment ever.
For all of you Jazz lovers...the real proof is in the score. Who is still playing in the finals. Can't argue that.
Hilarious. Is it bad that I care about sports like I care about politics? Oh well. Your kid is adorable. I love him!
When I started reading the comments, I didn't realize I'd introduced myself into some virtual lockerooom with foul language (Dee, don't say "cracks") and testerone-laden smack talk.
Let's just talk about Christian. And acting like Christians for that matter.
Go Suns!
Go Lakers! I hope the Spurs put up a fight, or we will be seeing Celtics/Pistons in the Finals.
Hey Ange- Keep to the sweets- that's what your good at...
hee hee hee
Post a Comment