I was recently asked what was my most memorable vacation,
though I have had many great vacations,
this one just came out on top.
Summer of 1999 My friends and I flew to Portland
and began the great Goonies adventure!
Most of the Goonies movie was filmed in the great American Northwest.
We set out to find the most memorable of them.
Anna Chadwick McCurdy aka "dramamine"
Alicia Lee Carter aka "The Local"
Rochelle Waite aka "Smiles"
And myself, Katrina Kirk aka "Potty Mouth"
Here we are overlooking the beautiful Colombia River.
Nothing to do with the Goonies
just an amazing place to see
and get a great icecream cone.
This is where you see the ship sale away at the end of the movie.
The Truffle Shuffle
Believe it.
This is the Goonies house.
And yes, this is the truffle shuffle x4
This trip, aside from the stunning scenery,
will always bring me back to a place somewhere
between Sophomore and Junior year of college
where I enjoyed the blessings of great friendships
the thrills of adventures
and the carelessness of youth.
Goonies still remains one of my all time fav movies.
The Truffle ShuffleBelieve it.
This is the Goonies house.
And yes, this is the truffle shuffle x4
This trip, aside from the stunning scenery,
will always bring me back to a place somewhere
between Sophomore and Junior year of college
where I enjoyed the blessings of great friendships
the thrills of adventures
and the carelessness of youth.
Goonies still remains one of my all time fav movies.









6 comments:
Awesome post! You all look so young and adorable. Now you're all OLD and more adorable.
*love Alicia's face in the last pic.
Why does Alicia look handicapped in that picture?!
I didn't recognize her at all.
I have been on the Goonies tour too. it was so fun!
Um... does everyone think I'm Special Ed? Sad.
This was a great trip. I loved every second of it. Especially Backstreet Boys, yelling at traffic, Anna and Cho with their arms out the windows, and you humping my mom's dashboard as we drove all around Oregon.
Good times. Best friends. :)
Ummm... This just made me so, so happy! I think I may need to make the pilgrimage next trip up there.
I love the picture of you on Cannon Beach. It could be from a totally different time period. Very cool. And what's up with the Goonies house? Cars parked there, but stand for selling flyers left in the front? Was it creepy?!
Hi Katrina!
To do the polaroid shots go to rollip.com. It is amazingly simple.
WHo doesn't love the goonies? I've been to Multnoman falls, it is absolutely gorgeous.
Post a Comment