Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Mom, Can I wear my swimming-soup"?



When I was young I couldn't pronounce my "R's".
I sounded like a young girl with a heavy Brooklyn accent,
"Coy-lah" = curler.
Now that I have kids of my own to torture, I love to hear their funny ways of saying words. Christian calls movies "foofies", swimsuits "swimsoups", Chick Filet is the "Fick Chalet".

Here are a few pictures of the cousins playing at the splash pool in their Swimsoups.This is Nate's little Cooper - Faith and Christian spitting at each other in the background. Isn't Childhood just lovely, you spit on me and I'll spit on you.This picture is too funny.
That is my sister Dee's Hayden posing for the camera in the background.
He's our little "ginger boy".Here is Gracie our little angel.And here is Audrey, who kept yelling "I can't swim"!
Which kept all the mothers at the splash pool on edge.
Even more comedic, the splash pool is only 3 feet deep. Chelsea, Dee, and Grandma Karen here to keep the peace.Here is Preston in the most coveted position among the grand kids -
Grandma Karen's embrace.And can you believe....He fell asleep among the madness?

5 comments:

Tanya said...

So funny! Andy calls them "swimming soups." =)
Looks like you had fun in Utah.

Kendyll said...

These pictures are too cute Katrina! I wish we could have seen you while you were in Utah. It looks like you had a ton of fun!

Alicia said...

I love these pictures, Katrina.
Plus, you look hott.

Melissa L. said...

Hilarious! Love it. And I am indeed impressed that Preston fell asleep mid-swim! :) (P.S. grazie per il tuo post sul mio blog di compleanno.)

The Ward Family said...

I love hearing what kids have to say also. I gave Jordyn some of my toothpaste to use and she said it was too spicy :) Looks like a good time!